Thursday, May 25, 2017

THE LEGAL PRINCIPLES SUPPORTING MY RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

I am pasting a link to the brief that our legal team filed with the Arkansas Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission last week.  I do so to let you know what the law is, and has been for a long time, the meaning of judicial "impartiality" and "independence," and so you will know what my rights are under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and the Arkansas Religious Freedom Restoration Act, both as a follower of Jesus and as a judge.  

The brief is 20 pages long.  The law supporting my position is clear, well-established, and has been followed in Arkansas and elsewhere for years.  The ethics complaint against me was lodged in the face of that law.  That complaint, and the referral by the Arkansas Supreme Court that triggered it, is baseless.

In my brief I've asked that the complaint against me be dismissed by June 1, 2017. Because the legal principles in my case are clear and well-established, the executive director of the Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission should readily grant that request.  Time will tell if that happens.

    

4 comments:

  1. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge. marketing laws and regulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most likely appreciating each and every bit of it. It is an incredible site and decent impart. I need to much obliged. Great employment! You all do an incredible blog, and have some extraordinary substance. Keep doing awesome.EliaAndPonto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible Article it its truly instructive and inventive update us as often as possible with new upgrades. its was truly important. much obliged.  Brain Injury Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing pkv games

    ReplyDelete