Tuesday, July 17, 2018

IMBECILE IN CHIEF


IMBECILE IN CHIEF
©Wendell Griffen, 2018
Justice Is a Verb!
July 17, 2018

We’ve had vicious kings and we’ve had idiot kings, but I don’t know if we’ve ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king. Tyrion Lannister (from Game of Thrones spoken regarding King Joffrey Lannister, his nephew)

People familiar with the Home Box Office blockbuster Game of Thrones television series will recall that line spoken by Tyrion Lannister (the character portrayed by Peter Benchley) to describe King Joffrey Lannister (his nephew portrayed by Jack Gleeson).  Now the world knows the current President of the United States is a vicious idiot. 

It has been widely known for years that Donald Trump is vain, untruthful, and a rich fool.  Yet, President Trump’s behavior during his recent European trip shocked longstanding observers.  The poor fellow scolded U.S. NATO allies about not paying enough for their own defense, then praised Russian president Vladimir Putin for being strong.  Mr. Trump engaged in the feckless act of publicly extolling the veracity of Putin, a former KGB intelligence officer, over the unanimous findings of the entire U.S. intelligence community. 

Add “Imbecile-in-Chief” to Mr. Trump’s title.  Central casting could not have found a better person to portray the role of a fool.  However, Trump is not playing a theatrical role. 

In the last few days the world has seen what other people have known for decades.  Donald John Trump is an intellectual dullard, narcissist, pathological liar, and a fool.  His main competence (if not his only competence) is self-adulation and shameless showmanship.  Trump’s Fox News white supremacist and religious nationalist base can crow all they please about “let Trump be Trump.”  Donald Trump is not a comedy show or practical joker.  He is President of the United States.  His feckless behavior affects our lives and livelihood. 

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was correct during the 2015-16 campaign for the Republican Party presidential nomination when he called Candidate Trump a “kook.”  President Trump is intellectually, emotionally, politically, mentally, and morally unhinged.   The issue is how we will deal with that reality.

The United States House of Representatives could begin hearings on whether there is ground to impeach Donald Trump.  It won’t do so.  Most Members of Congress love their own political standing more than they love protecting the nation from the threats presented by our demented chief executive. 

The Twenty-Fifth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States authorizes Vice President Pence and a majority of the Cabinet Secretaries to report to Senator Mitch McConnell (President pro tempore of the Senate) and Speaker Paul Ryan of the House of Representatives “that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”  They won’t do so.  Like Congress, they love their political standing more than they love protecting the nation from the disabled fellow occupying the Oval Office. 

Our situation reminds me of the Biblical account about King Saul, the first king of Israel.  Like Mr. Trump, Saul was a megalomaniac, emotionally unstable, and a threat to his allies and his nation.  Eventually, Saul was denounced by Samuel, the judge and prophet who anointed him to be king. 

Don’t expect Mr. Trump’s white religious nationalist cheerleaders to follow Samuel’s example regarding Saul, nor that of Tyrion Lannister regarding Joffrey Lannister in the HBO Game of Thrones dramatic television show.  White religious nationalists are Trump’s most faithful supporters. 

The unpleasant truth is that Donald Trump’s presidency is both a curse on the United States and a curse from the United States on the wider world.   Thanks to the election of 2016, the security of our nation, sanity of our world, strength of U.S. armed forces and our NATO allies, stability of our economy, tranquility of our society, and health and welfare of our population are threatened by one reality:  the President of the United States is a vicious idiot. 

We are cursed.  Welcome to the “new normal.”

4 comments:

  1. Social justice refers to the concept of a society in which justice is achieved in every aspect of society, rather than merely the administration of law.

    Sales Force Management Johnston test bank & solutions manual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Dr OGO for your genuine spells. This is really incredible, and I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before I came in contact with Dr OGO, I have tried every possible means that I could to get my husband back, but I actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and my husband had developed a lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was no hope of reuniting with my husband until my friend told me about dr OGO and she gave me dr OGO website i googled it and read good reviews about Dr OGO work , I decided to give it a try and I did everything that he instructed me and I trusted in him and followed his instructions just as he had guaranteed me in 24 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me and ask for forgiveness that he his on his way to my house .. We are good more than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much for your authentic and indisputable spells. Thank you Dr OGO for your help. If you need help in your marriage or broken relationship, contact Dr OGO right now for urgent help Email:ogospellcaster@gmail.com OR ogospellcaster@gmail.com View his Call/WhatsApp him: +2347057052206

    ReplyDelete